Come on then, hands up on who has a box of scraps! I don’t know whether it stems from being a scrapbooker, but any little piece of excess pretty patterned paper is a candidate for the scrap box, rather than the scrap bin!
If you like me and have some pieces of pretty paper that you haven’t been able to part with, here’s an idea for you on how to use them up.
You can get creative and use the Tailored Tag punch to punch out a little stockpile and then add them to a card. Here’s an idea for you:
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼” and a scrap for Sentiment cropped with punch.
- DSP: Crop your shapes with Tailored Tag Punch of different papers – don’t forget double sided papers so you have two sides of pretty patterns to use!
- Begin with the Basic White Thick Cardstock Base.
- Stamp the sentiment Thanks (or other sentiment) in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a piece of Basic White Thick Cardstock. Crop with the Tailored Tag Punch. Adhere to the front of the card center with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- On this sample, place your sentiment in the middle of the card and then assemble the shapes, starting closest to the sentiment, working your way out. Adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Trim the pieces along the edge as needed. TIP: Use the trimmed pieces to fill in other areas.
- Finish the card with 2 Pale Papaya Loose Flower Flourishes using Mini Glue Dots, or some other bling.